The Outgoing Inventory and Condition Report is prepared by a Inventory Clerk member of the Association of Independent Inventory Clerks. This document is a comparison of the condition of the property and its content before and after the tenancy.
This comparison includes:
- Cleanliness and condition of each room and hall, including walls, flooring, carpets, ceiling, fixtures, windows, doors.
- Cleanliness and condition of furniture
- Itemised list of the content of each room. Items are expected to be left in their original condition. This tends to be a very demanding job in the kitchen, giving the number of utensils that you will normally find in this area.
- Condition of the garden (if applicable)
- Condition of the exterior of the property.
- Electricity and gas meter reading.
The document is normally completed with pictures to support any variations that the inventory clerk may have found.
This document is essential to support any claim of funds against the deposit held by SafeDeposits Scotland.